Wednesday, October 2, 2013

America Is Closed

First of all I was suppose to post about this yesterday, sorry. Sorry to all of the billions of people following my blog..as in no one. I don't mind that no one reads my blog, mostly because I like writing to no one. It gets rid of the pressure. Anyways, so the government was shut down yesterday which is kind of crazy right? I didn't really know what to think about until I went to my Financial Management class later that day. Let me just say that my Financial Management class is the most wonderful class in the world.

Reason #1: Every class feels like a motivational speech given by the smartest man in AMERICA. Mostly because he's pretty funny and good what he does and is extremely knowledgable. If he was telling me straight up lies I might not know because I just trust most of what he says because he is so smart. But I do actually agree with a lot of his "normal to understand" logic.

Reason #2: I am not the best at managing my money but I would say I am a pretty frugal spender so all the notes I take in this class are like a revelation. So precious to me I keep it in my most favorite Taylor Swift notebook. Sometimes I feel like a joke in that class. I walk in to the JKB where there are about a billion super attractive men in suits who are too busy for women, and I walk in there with my floral pink Vera Bradley backpack, my mickey mouse sweater and my floral sneakers and sit down and pull out my one of 5 taylor swift notebooks I got from Big Lots and take notes about being serious in life. But then I remember the quote from New Girl of course:
"I brake for birds. I rock a lot of polka dots. I have touched glitter in the last 24 hours. I spend my entire day talking to children... but that doesn’t mean I’m not smart and tough and strong."
Sometimes I hope that this quote is correct and that I really am smart and tough and strong. I may have worked at Disney World and I might like cats more than a normal person but I also consider myself a tomboy in a way. I like baseball and I'd much rather go camping then stay at a hotel. I guess that's just me though. Who's to say that I can't listen to some Jack's Mannequin and Yellowcard as loud as I can in the car and rock out but also scream like a little girl when my favorite One Direction song comes on at a dance party? I think that Jaime can definitely like both things. That's what I think though.

Reason #3: I love all the references he makes to the Gospel. As much information I get about how to be financially smart I get equal amounts of how to be spiritually smart and knowledgable in the Gospel. I love it. It's great.

So back to my original plan for this post: America is closed.. My friend who I worked with at Disney posted on Facebook a pretty funny status that said "Happy 42nd anniversary to Magic Kingdom in Disney World! In other news, America is closed." I thought that was pretty funny. Im not sure if saying America is closed is actually correct but it is pretty funny. Anyways, so in my financial management class we first went over 14 challenging trends of America over the years. Then after that depressing lesson we then spent the rest of the class going over 22 compelling trends of America. It was awesome. We talk about in class a lot that attitude really is everything and it truly can make you more successful and live longer. I think I was blessed to have been born with a very optimistic family and way of thinking for myself. Its just the way I am. So I always love hearing that there are more positive things happening in America especially after hearing about the Government closing yesterday. Here's some of my favorite quotes from the class period that I took. Some are from books and some of from my teacher.. sorry If I don't label them. I write so fast in that class:

"within a generation, we will be able to provide goods and services,once reserved for the wealthy few, to any and all who need them" -Abundance: The future is better than you think

Howard W. Hunter lived through the Great Depression, 2 World Wars, and Vietnam. If he had hope then so can we.

The Air Force Rule of Three
You can't survive...
3 months without companionship or love
3 weeks without food
3 days without water
3 hours without shelter (in dangerous conditions)
3 minutes without air
3 seconds without spirit and hope

Luke 17:32 "Remember Lot's wife."

"If you have a reason to believe, then this is the age of miracles!" -Brother Marsh


Also here's some pretty funny memes I've seen in the past 24 hours. Your welcome:



No comments:

Post a Comment