Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sewing, sewing, sewing....

So on saturday, the only free time I had, my sewing class to a field trip to Walmart and  Fabric Mart. I had already been looking online for dress patterns and such because I'm planning on making my dress for winter ball? If i'm even going.. but i not I'll have a REALLY cute dress that I made myself. I ended up getting a pattern and fabric that might be a little too casual for a normal Formal (haha that rhymed) but for byuh's formal its perfect. Here's the pattern and fabric I chose. SOOOO EXCITED!!! HOPE I DON'T SCREW IT UP!

I am combining the dress that gets long in the back, putting sleeves on it.. and MAYBE adding the ruffle on the top like the top example.


fell in love with this fabric.. its really thin so I have to use a tiny needle and had to buy lining for it. But i'm so excited for this dress. 


So you may or may not know that I am taking Costume Construction and this weekend was The Sound Of Music. Talk about stressful. I've never sewn so much in my entire life. I made the boys play clothes, made skirts, made belts, made nun costumes, and during the play helped with all of Maria's like 10 quick changes. The last night during one of her quick changes the zipper on the back of her dress completely broke and she had to go out on stage and try not to turn around so everyone would see her unzipped up dress.. then when the blackout came I ran and put on her coat so she could survive the rest of the play. I pretty much saved her life if I'm not too bold to say. :) my fingers are so sore from safety pins, and hand sewing, and hot glueing.. soooo glad play is over. we had to take some pictures of the costumes so the kids would know what to change into. here are some of my favorites:

Kurt's sailor suit. Poor Kurt, by the end of the play we had sewn him at least 7 different pairs of pants, that boy is deceivingly chubby but so cute.


Grettle's Traveling clothes, She was the most adorable thing in the entire world.. no words can express how wonderful and tiny she was. Idk if you can tell but she is literally toddler size, but she's 5 years old.

Marta's Play clothes. She was also VERY adorable. She was probably the size of a 6 year old but she was really 8 lol. So cute

Friedrich's play clothes which i take 100 percent of the credit for making. found out they are called lederhosen haha feel free to say that with the most german accent you can.  

I think this was either Marta's or Brigitta's pajamas lol. I can't tell anymore

Brigitta's Traveling clothes. She was seriously the most adorable 11 year old. She was just precious.


No comments:

Post a Comment